Placeholder vs Default

Dans une zone de texte {% input … as:text %} je sais mettre un texte “d’aide” via l’argument “placeholder” (texte qui ne s’imprimera pas - contrairement à l’argument “default”).

Mon texte d’aide doit reprendre plusieurs lignes (une liste avec puces). Exemple:

• Écarts de conversion : influence sur le résultat
  • Achats / ventes d’actions
  • Rachat de parts propres
  • Fusion, scission, liquidation,…

Quand j’utilise l’argument “placeholder”, tout s’affiche à la suite (Exemple: Écarts de conversion : influence sur le résultat * Achats / ventes d’actions * Rachat de parts propres * Fusion, scission, liquidation,…"

Si par contre j’utilise l’argument “default”, il veut bien faire des retours à la ligne.

Comment puis-je combiner un placeholder et les retours à la ligne?

Hello @s.devers,

Thanks for posting your question. As you can see, we answer only in English, if you don’t mind.

If I understand your question, you are trying to find something like this :

+ line 1
+ line 2 
+ line 3
{% endcapture %}```

```{% input custom.some.field as:text default:standard %} ```

So you need to capture your text with the logic-tag {% capture %} {% endcapture %} and than you can use the name of the capture as your 'default'. 

Is this the answer you are looking for?

Thank you Sven,

Sorry my English isn’t very good. I prefer to ask the questions in French and you answer me in English (if you agree) :wink:

But if you want to translate my questions in English for the community, no worries.

For my problem, it doesn’t solve…

{% capture capture_textarea5 %}
• Après la clôture de l’exercice, l’ouverture de faillite du client <nom du client> situé à <adresse> et dont le numéro de TVA est le <xxx> a été prononcée. La créance sur ce client s’élève à un montant de <xxx,xx> €.
• Nouveau / Perte client important
• Faillite d’un fournisseur / client important
• Cession / Acquisition d’une participation
• Condamnation au tribunal / litige en cours
{% endcapture %}
  {% input custom.articles.textarea5 as:text default:capture_textarea5 %}

If instead of “default”, I use “placeholder”, it becomes a string again. Same result as without the use of “capture”.

Hi @s.devers,

I looked into this and I could reproduce the problem. I investigated further and found that we indeed don’t convert the newlines for the placeholder. I logged it in our system, and it should be solved latest by Monday.