CASE: How to refer to accounts in specific account range at the end of the previous period

Silverfin can provide the value of an account at the end of a previous period.

For this, you can use the following code:

#15:1y

This will provide the value on the accounts (in the account range 15) one year ago. This works fine when the reporting is done on a yearly basis.

But when monthly reporting is used, you could use the following code:

period.minus_1y.year_end.accounts.15

This code will provide you the value of the accounts (range 15) at the end of the previous book year.

Hi @Mathias,

Is there also a way to access the actual previous period, i.e. the period right before the current one?
e.g. for a monthly reporting client, when I am in the period for March, I want to access the period for February, etc.

Thanks in advance.
BR,
Robin

Hi Robin

You can accomplish this by using

#15:1p

or

period.minus_1p.accounts.15

Kind regards
Sam

1 Like

Hi,
It is currently not possible to use any of these notations in the reports: the ‘:’ sign is not accepted as input.

Hey @robin.bailleul,

I’m not sure if I follow, because above case is not about inputs but about values of accounts.

Could you give us a little bit more input (no pun intended :wink: ) ?

Thanks.

Wait, you probably mean reports right, instead of Liquid-templates ?

If so, that is indeed not possible but it shouldn’t be because you can add an extra period which gives you the desired number, through the drag-and-drop function to add periods. Or did you wish to calculate with it in a formula?

Hi @sven,

I appologize for the lack of clarity in my previous post.
I did indeed mean to use this notation to acquire the value of an account(range) at the end of a previous period, to use in calculations in formulas in reports.

Hey @robin.bailleul,

For now not possible indeed (however, this has been added as a feature request). If you want to know the status of this, be sure to ask this through our chat or support@silverfin.com

But, you should be able to have a workaround where you calculate the formula through liquid. Take the outcome of that into a result, so you can link that number into a report.

Here an example:

Hope this helps