Changed needed after recent Silverfin changes (drops->reconsiliations)

Hi @Panagiotis_Issaris

I’ll try to answer your questions, hopefully more clearly now.

1. You state that for period.custom.mod.datum no changes are needed, but then why is it listed in the table as being replaced by period.reconciliations.be_legal_company_information.results.date_directors_report? The table specifies the former in the Old custom column and the latter in the Replaced by result column. Is the table incorrect or am I misinterpreting it?

The table is correct. However, the table assumes you just want to print/show these values.
From what I understood, you want to print the actual inputs and also be able to edit them in your own template.
That cannot be achieved with results, but can only be done with custom variables.

1. Previously one could use the input tag to enter data into those custom drops. Now that they were replaced, is it simply not possible anymore? And if so, what is the intended new way of working? Are there docs available?

You can still use the input tag to enter data in custom drops. Nothing changed in this regard. The only thing that changed is that the customs can now be tied to a reconciliation text in stead of to the period drop.
The customs that are tied to an admin sync are unchanged, they are still tied to the period drop and you still access them with period.custom .
The other customs will now be tied to the new reconciliation text. These need to be accessed as period.reconciliations.[handle].custom .

1. The period.custom.mod.datum was just an example, there are many more drops that were mentioned in the aforementioned table. Is there another table available that lists which drops need to be modified in customer template code?

There is no table available with all the customs, but the code of the original templates is open source.
If you look at the code and it mentions period.custom, then you can still use the same name.
If it just mentions custom. without ‘period’, then it is tied to the reconciliation text.
Only in that case will you need to update your coding, and instead of
{% input period.custom.namespace.the_key %}
it needs to become
{% input period.reconciliations.[handle].custom.namespace.the_key %}

I’m going to ask a colleague who worked on these templates to have a look at the list you shared;
I can already say that the first custom is a local one, so that’s not coming from a Silverfin template and will not need to be changed.
The second item looks like it’s just a local variable, you’ll need to check its value to find out what custom it’s referring to.

We’ll give you an update on your customs soon.
Kind regards,
Romy