Vertical line for columns in table

Hi,

is it possible to design the tables in a way that you define a vertical line for a selected column:

| col 1 | col 2 | col 3 | col 4

So that only the middle line is seen: like this

col 1 col 2 | col 3 col 4

For the moment when you make a table it is like:

col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4
col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4
col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4
col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4
col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4

Thanks,
Bart

Hey @RDC,

Not directly no, but there is some sort of a workaround for this, like we did with our Annual Account-templates:

However, this will create a vertical line for each column. There is no option to define a vertical line for column 2 for instance, if you have 4 columns defined.

Can you perhaps give us a preview on what you’re trying to get to? Perhaps we can figure something out that still looks amazing with the Silverfin look in it?

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. I have added an edited screenshot of what I would like to accomplish.

Okay @RDC,

That’s a report-template you’re trying to remake in a text-template? I’m afraid this is not possible; we can only build vertical lines for each column.

I was trying to get to a case where we would make 2 columns here, but then the numbers of each account won’t be aligned like your example.
Other than the lay-out issue, I don’t understand why to rebuild a report-template into a text-template. Is there another reason behind it you are trying to do this? Because reports are flexible and can also be used for internal and external communication with the customer, all online.

Just curious @RDC

Hi,

We would like to add a balance sheet with ‘Active’ & ‘Passive’ or ‘Cost’ & ‘Earning’ next to each other in stead of ‘Active’ and ‘Passive’ on seperated pages. We have not found out how to do this with the reports( maybe we overlooked the obvious).

Also, it is getting to know the environment and the language, so it is also a good exercise :slight_smile:

Then I’d suggest using our report-template for that; you can ask our chat-support to help you building a report where 2 sections of one report are 2 pages. They can help you with this for sure @RDC