Additional row in excel download

Hi Team,

We have created a custom reconciliation report with tables, and when we download it in Excel format, it consistently includes an extra row at the beginning. Is there a way to prevent this additional row from being generated? Removing this row would make it easier for users to import the reconciliation data.

We have tried using {% ic %} to remove unnecessary text at the start of the workpapers, but unfortunately, an extra row only remains.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Nikhil

Hi @Nikhil

Have you tried using stripnewlines around your table?

Additionally, does the first row of your table contain the headers or are you using an empty row to define the widths?

Kind regards,
Romy

Hi @Romy_Vermeeren

Thanks for the response!

Yes, we are using “stripnewlines”

Our code looks like this:

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Nikhil

Hi @Nikhil

I see, you’re downloading the entire template as excel and not just the table you want to import into?
It’s a bit cumbersome to get rid of that first empty row, but I will show here two example where I made it work. One with markdown and one with HTML. Make sure the stripnewlines is on line 1.

For uploading data I recommend you use the example excel template that is generated automatically when you choose “import recon. data” though.

You can use the import_title attribute to add more meaningful headers and make it easier for users to use this upload template.

Markdown example:

{% stripnewlines %}

{% ic %}This text in input{% newline %}{% newline %}{% endic %}

| Header 1
| Header 2
{% newline %}
|--------
|--------
{% newline %}
| content
| content
{% newline %}