Random liquid error

Hi

I’m receiving a random error for multiple templates: ‘Liquid error (parts/2024 line 691): Liquid error (shared/be_ct_current line 2): Called .custom on an undefined value: assign Resident = period.reconciliations.2018_company_specifics.custom.specific.resident | default:“Resident” period.reconciliations.2018_275_A_liquidationreserve.results.liquidation_end | currency’

Non of the above mentioned code is used in the template (on line 691 there is nothing special and there is no shared part called be_ct_current). I even emptied the template to only the string ‘test’. Keeps the same. I can’t add more details, it’s a normal reconciliation template and I emptied it.

Can anyone help out?

I’ve noticed that this is referring to the ‘2018_company_specifics’ template, which is used in the corporate tax workflow. Nevertheless the template I’m using is not in this workflow.

The issue is solved by adding the corporate tax workflow, but of course this is not desired for all files, so an adjustment should be made here…

Hi @JelleBe

is your template referencing another template? (results, custom)
You could be seeing secondary liquid errors on this template, that are actually coming from a another template you’re taking data from.

“Called .custom on an undefined value” indeed usually means you’re looking directly at the custom from a template that does not exist. Which is why adding the corporate tax templates fixed the liquid error.

Hi Romy

Thank you for your answer. I’m retrieving the same error even though the template is empty. So no customs used.
I’ve also pasted the full template in a text file (via documents) and there it works (no error is received).

Really confusing that an empty template gives this error.

Hopefully you have another solution for us :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Jelle

Hi Jelle,

and are the Textproperties also empty?

If so it’s hard to judge here indeed. Would you mind sending me the link to the template in a file where it’s still giving errors?

Kind regards,
Romy

Hi Romy

Thank you for the fast response.

This file has a working template: EY ACR EN - Representation letter - Test dossier (EY ACR - Development) - Silverfin (getsilverfin.com)
This file has the error on the template: EY ACR EN - Representation letter - Filterie d’Aalbeke (EY ACR - Development) - Silverfin (getsilverfin.com)

If you want I can empty the file again. It will give the same error.
(Text properties are empty)

Kind regards
Jelle

Hi @JelleBe

Thank you for sharing.
The liquid errors are slipping through via the auto-hide formula on this template.
It’s looking at the template: EY ACR - Partner content approval
That one has a lot of liquid errors on it.
That also explains why even without code, or in a permanent text, you could still see the errors :sweat_smile:

Kind regards,
Romy

Hi Romy

Thank you for your insight. I’m doing an extra validation now on the partner content approval flow (checking if the corporate tax workflow is active or not) and everything works fine now :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards
Jelle

1 Like