Comment field differently scaled in preview mode then in Regular view (cosmetic impact on recon)

Dear,

On a reconciliation, we often implement review comments. It is handy to be able to read the review comment in the regular view without scrolling with the cursor in it.

On the preview, the review comment is less nice presented. However, when the reviewer needs to add something to the comment he needs to click back to the regular view. Scroll to the line to edit a review, which is not handy to read in that representation.
If we would add a different sizing, we lose the overview in the recon.

Is there a way to make the regular view scale like the preview in a reconciliations?

Thanks

Best regards

Ruben Moerman

The end of the comment not visible in the regular view
regular view
On the preview it is …
Preview

It seems to scale differently …

Hi Ruben,

I think a solution might be using the text data type for the comments as this will get you a bigger input box and expand the text. Try this:

{% input custom.test.comment as:text %}

Best,
Borja

Hi Borja,

Thank you for your feedback. I updated the recon, but now the rows seem to be heigher then before and the overview on the recon is now a bit lost.

Can we fix this by adding sizing?

{%input … size:maxi %}

I fail getting one line on that text for an empty comment

Best regards

Ruben Moerman

Hi Ruben,

Could you send me a print screen for that and the full code for the table please?

Thanks,
Borja

Hi Borja,

A small code sample where you will understand the need for it:

From a previous post in another topic I also saw that working with type text solves that issue. Nevertheless, we still have a cosmetic issue on the hight of the reocns then …

The code snippet is:

| | Numbers 2019 | Numbers 2020 | comment |
|-------------------------|--------------:|--------------:|:--------+
| data line 1 | {% input custom.figure.someinputfor2019 as:currency %} | {% input custom.figure.someinputfor2020 as:currency %} | {% input custom.somereviewinput.somevalue as:string %} |
| other insight
|_ | Numbers 2019 | comment | _|
| data line 1 | {% input custom.figure.someotherinputfor2019 as:currency %} | {% input custom.figure.reviewinputsecondline as:string %} | |

Best regards

Ruben Moerman

Hi Ruben,

I know what you mean. This code below will work but you still have the comment box slightly higher than the rest:

{% stripnewlines %}
| 
| Numbers 2019
| Numbers 2020
| Comment
{% newline %}
|--------
|--------:
|--------:
|:--------+
{% newline %}
{% fori item in custom.numbers %}
  | {% input item.data_line %}
  | {% input item.numbers_2019 as:currency_dc %}
  | {% input item.numbers_2020 as:currency_dc %}
  | {% input item.comments as:text %}
  {% newline %}
{% endfori %}
{% endstripnewlines %}

If that’s not a good solution for you, I would recommend making the last column wider and remove the text data type so that you can see more of the input box. Something like this:

{% stripnewlines %}
| 
| Numbers 2019
| Numbers 2020
| Comment
{% newline %}
|----20%----
|----15%----:
|----15%----:
|:---60%-----+
{% newline %}
{% fori item in custom.numbers %}