External link not exported to PDF

Hi,

When using the linkto tag to create a link, the link appears as it should within Silverfin, but on export
to PDF, it seems the link is converted into plain text.

I’m using the syntax suggested here:

With friendly regards,
Takis

Hi @Panagiotis_Issaris ,

So if I understand your question correctly, you would like the link to also be working in the PDF file? Indeed, that’s not supported right now.

I’ll forward your question to our core developers to check if they would consider implementing this feature, but definitely can’t make any promises in this respect.

Keep you posted!

Kind regards,
Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, the link still working in the PDF was exactly what I would like to happen.

Because currently, a link such as click here would get converted to plain “click here”, on which one cannot click and moreover the URL is not visible in the PDF.

Thank you for your quick reply!

With friendly regards,
Takis

Bumping this ancient thread, is there any other way to get working links in a PDF? At the moment we’re just straight-up copy-pasting the https address, functional but not that pretty

Hi @Wsteppe ,

Thank you for digging up this one :sweat_smile:. I remember flagging this back in the day but honestly forgot what the current status is.

I’ll check with our backend engineers and provide you an update asap.

Kind regards,
Robin

Hello again @Wsteppe ,

Just wanted to inform you that we have added some more weight to this request on our backlog. Still hard to say when or whether we will come up with a fix for this, but at least it’s again subject to discussion somewhere the upcoming weeks.

Of course, workarounds involving the smart use of ic and nic tags could offer a solution here.

If anything changes I’ll provide you with an update.

Kind regards,
Robin

1 Like