CASE: add info-tag to a standard Silverfin template

It is now possible to add an info-tag to a standard Silverfin-template, like this:

Just go to the template on office level, and add this in the extra configuration:

You can use this code for example:

{% ic %}
{::infotext}
{% if period.reconciliations.omzetvergelijking != blank %}
{% linkto period.reconciliations.omzetvergelijking %}{% t "Click here to go Sales Comparison" %}{% endlinkto %}
{% else %}
{% t "Template Sales Comparison missing- please add to the working papers if needed" %}
{% endif %}
{:/infotext}
{% endic %}

More info here as well:

and here for generating a link to another template:

Is there a way to show the info icon and only show the comment if they hover the mouse over the icon?

Hi @olga.salamanca

Definitely, you can specify that an info- or warningtext should be as=“hover”.
You can find more information on the topic here.

{% ic %}{::infotext as="hover"}test info{:/infotext}{% endic %}

Thanks, that works perfect but if we want amend the wording on this boxes that they are just informative as well to add " fixed £" and “rate %” I am not sure when we need to change it as I think it is a placeholder but I don’t see the placeholder in the code for fixed & rate.

Hi @olga.salamanca

You’re indeed looking to add a placeholder to these inputs.
Placeholders are not mandatory, which could be the reason you don’t currently see them in the code.
You can just add one as you please.
It’s important not to change the name of the custom variable though, as that’s where users store data. (custom.namespace.key)

Example:

Mark up rate {% ic %}{::infotext as="hover"}The following rates are informative{:/infotext}{% endic %}

{% input custom.mark_up.fixed as:currency placeholder:"Fixed £" %}
{% input custom.mark_up.rate as:percentage placeholder:"Rate %" %}

That works thanks, but adds new boxes to the ones we already had. As we cannot find the placeholder for the original ones, we cannot amend them or remove them. Do you have any idea how we can identify them?

Hi @olga.salamanca

there’s no need to add the new inputs from my example to your own code.
You can add the new placeholders to the existing inputs (or as you call them “boxes”), that will not break anything.
You see “fixed” and “rate” because no placeholders were used yet, in which case the system defaults to showing you the key of the custom variable. (custom.namespace.key)

If you need more assistance adding the placeholders to your existing code, can you please paste the code here so I can assist you further?