Layout export text

Hi,

I’m trying to create a standard text to send to our clients. In order to create whithe space left and right working with a table. I tried following code:

{% stripnewlines %}
{% newline %}
|----5%----|----65%----|----5%----
|
{% newline %}
|
|Mogen wij vragen om de jaarrekening en vergaderstukken te verifiëren en ons te willen contacteren indien u hieromtrent nog vragen of opmerkingen heeft.

|
{% endstripnewlines %}

Export looks like this:

Unfortunately, this doesn’t work. How can I solve this one? can’t really find the answer in the community.

Thanks!

Hi there,

The first issue I see in your code is that the column percentages don’t add up to 100%. Secondly, because the last column is empty, liquid ignores it and extends the width of the previous one. You can solve those 2 problems with the following code (  is just used to create a white space so that liquid understands it’s not empty):

{% stripnewlines %}
{% newline %}
|----5%----|----90%----|----5%----
|
{% newline %}
|
|Mogen wij vragen om de jaarrekening en vergaderstukken te verifiëren en ons te willen contacteren indien u hieromtrent nog vragen of opmerkingen heeft.
| 
{% endstripnewlines %}

I hope that works for you.

Best,
Borja

Hi Borja,

This works perfect. Didn’t check the sum :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Didn’t know the part about the empty column. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi Borja,

Sorry. It works perfectly for the preview. When exporting, the code above is ignored. What am i missing in order to get the export exactly the same as the preview?

Hi there,

Hmm I think it might be the + at the end of the table definition. Try the following:

|----5%----|----90%----|----5%----+

Best,
Borja

That’s it! Thanks Borja!