Nil value (or deactivate) for entire rollforwarded reconciliation

Hi,

Some of our users duplicate some/all reconciliations from a certain period to the following one using the rollforward function. However, some of those reconciliations should not be rollforwarded.
Is there any way of deactivating rollforward for an entire reconciliation?

I know there is a {% rollforward nil custom.check.prepared %} tag but as our custom reconciliations have not been developed this way, it would be a lot of work adding this rollforward tag for every variable in each of our custom reconciliations.

Thanks in advance for your help

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

The rollforward function only gets activated when copying data from another period.

By default, if you want to use those templates from scratch you don’t need to do anything as the input fields will appear blank.

If however you have some templates in which some fields should rollforward to other inputs whilst maintaining some of them blank, then you need to apply rollforward nil as otherwise the data from the selected period will be copied over.

I hope that clarifies your query.

Best,
Borja

Hi Borja,

Thank you for your answer. Indeed it only copies when asked by the user but we want to restrict our users from copying data to a new period for certain reconciliation because if they do (and we don’t have any control over it) we might lose some data because it was deleted last year.

Best regards,
Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

I see what you mean. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to restrict a user from copying data into a template at the moment.
For now we have the warning message notifying the user that data will be overwritten once they copy details.

Best,
Borja