Tax calculation according to a budget

Hello,
In Reports we can make a forecast. Can we make a tax calculation with the figures of the forecast? Since the accounts are linked with the tax calculation, it would be very useful if we can make a tax calculation with figures of the budget
I see no possibility in Reports. A possible solution in Templates: a new template with on the one hand the actuals of the period and on the other hand for example an input box where you can fill in the figures of the budget? So we can make a sum of the actuals and the budget. This sum would be the base of the forecast tax calculation. For example: actuals of period of the first two quarters and the budget of the two last quarters.

2 Likes

Hello @Coene,

It’s a good question that we’ve also heard several times.

For now, there isn’t a possibility to get budget-numbers from a report (you can get YTD-actuals however, from a report, like explained here fyi). Because that would mean less work for you.

You could however build a template like you say, where the budget numbers have to be manually put in…
But, I’d rather won’t go that way. It’s takes a huge effort from the user to do it correctly, and it doesn’t feel “Silverfin” to be honest.

I’ll note this down as a feature request for now. If you really want to create a template where the budget numbers need to be manually created, let me know, but be aware this isn’t ideal.

Hope you’re not too disappointed, but we know this is a request by many…

1 Like

Ok thanks.

I’ll give it a try to create a template with budget-numbers. My idea is to create a template with the resultats of that period in a column and the budget numbers in the next column, with an input box.
Below this overview, I make an summary for the ‘rejected expenses’.
How can I link an budget number to an account, since the accounts are registrated in another drop than my budget-numbers.

{% input custom.some.accounts as:account_collection range:61 accounts_var:accounts %}

Resultatenrekening - prognose

|-----30%—|---40%—|-----+ {% fori acc in accounts %}
| {{acc.name}} |{{acc.number}}|{% input custom.budget.value as: currency %}{% endfori %}

When I use the code stated above, my input value has for each line the same value?

@Coene,

That’s the thing; for now you can’t call on a account-drop and ask for the budget-value. We are looking into that, but that’s a bit of long-term for now.

If you’d like to create an input-object to manually put in numbers, you can do so by this code:

{% fori acc in accounts %}
| {{acc.name}} 
| {{acc.number}}
| {% input acc.custom.budget_value as:currency %}
{% endfori %}

You need to add the custom-part, because you are creating custom objects into a Silverfin-drop (the account-drop). That should work. Care to take it a try?

1 Like

Any evolution in this Sven? It would be great to be able to refer to a budget value in a text report…

Ward

Hi @Warde,

I’m afraid I have to disappoint you. For now, this is not possible at all.

However, may I ask why this is not done in the report template where the budgets are calculated? In a report you could add text to certain groups, and a report can be used to discuss with a client (communication online, no static text), no?

Looking forward to get more feedback regarding this matter, thanks.

Hi!

Any news about this?

Thanks a lot!

Hello Brice,

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we are not able to retrieve budgeted values in text reports.
Can you kindly elaborate on how you’d intend to use these kind of values? Perhaps we could offer an alternative to meet your expectations.

Kind regards,

Hi!

It would be nice to be able to have a correct tax calculation depending on forecasts. Everything is already set up, so only the numbers will change.

Hi @Brice ,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

So like indicated by my colleague, unfortunately that is not possible in Silverfin right now. Could you perhaps share some of your template code and some link or printscreen to the budget so we can fully understand your use-case?

Like mentioned, we can look into alternatives (although not sure based on our current understanding there are many) or flag this use case to the team responsible so we can investigate if we could implement some functionality like this in the future.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Robin