How to attain a correct balance sheet total if accounts can appear on the active and/or on the passive side?

Hi,

I’m looking for a workaround to attain a right balance sheet total in my reports.

In the French chart of accounts, we have accounts that can appear on the active and on the passive side of the balance sheet. We even have a couple of accounts that can appear at the same time on the active and on the passive side.

I will give 2 examples:

• Account ‘455000 - Current Account’: If it has a debit balance, it will appear on the active side under the subtotal accounts receivable. If it has a credit balance, it will appear on the passive side under the subtotal accounts payable.
  • Account ‘401000 - Suppliers’: Often we have this account at the same time on the active and on the passive side. On the active side we have the sum of the unmatched transactions with a debit amount and on the passive side the sum of the unmatched transactions with a credit amount.

To my knowledge, I can’t use the account type of an account in a formula or in a range.

Hopefully someone can help me with this problem.

Hi @FRV,

You’re absolutely right you cannot use something like period.accounts.assets into the formula section of a report template. So there’s no workaround to my knowledge to make this work (well, not in a report template at least).

This is something not related to Liquid, but more to the core-functions of a report template. I’ll log it with our Product Managers, and keep you updated as soon as I’ve got feedback for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you

@FRV ,

We actually do support creating account ranges based upon the type of accounts. Here’s how you do it on firm level:

So you add a new group and in the box of account range you type in the type of account range you’d want.

As this is not related to Liquid coding and/or template building by use of liquid: if you’d encounter any issues further with this, may I ask you to report so through our helpdesk (support@silverfin.com)?

Hope his helps :relaxed: