Silverfin generates error instead of saving data

Hi community,

We have a well working template with some input field. One of them is
{% input company.custom.employee.function default:’ ’ %}
and this one is working fine in all administration but 1!

In that administration the input ‘Accountant Belastingsconsulent’ in the field is saved as:
<input value=”Accountant Belastingconsulent” data-name=”employee.function” data-object-type=”Company” data-object-id=”166182” placeholder=”function” data-behaviour=”live-inputs-text-input” type=”text” />

I cannot enter or clear the field anymore in this administration. For me it looks like an internal error.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Regards,
Timothy

Hi @tver,

What kind of error do you see in that particular file?

Could it be that the value was copied into that object, and that the value had breaks in it or stuff like a pipe | for instance? Although that would be seen in the input-value as you posted above.

<input value=”Accountant Belastingconsulent” data-name=”employee.function” data-object-type=”Company” data-object-id=”166182” placeholder=”function” data-behaviour=”live-inputs-text-input” type=”text” />

The above code is the error I see. i checked with the member of our staff and she used the pipe | symbol to concatenate accountant and belastingconsulent. How can I reverse her input?

You can’t @tver but we can delete or fix it in the background for you…

It’s in our backlog to prevent his by the way: it’s the | that caused this.

Can you notify our first line helpdesk for this (by chat or support@getsilverfin.com)? They’ll send this to our dev-team to fix this in the background.